Challenges of Information Technology In Business
Secure and efficient IT is the foundation for the digital transformation of your company. Read here how you can best tackle the challenges of data protection, reduction of operating and personnel costs and short downtimes.
In addition to the long-term, strategic orientation of your company, the further development of your IT systems is a constant guarantee of economic success. The challenges are multifaceted and permeate all areas of your IT: starting with servers to all end devices for end users on site or in the field.
The requirements that your hardware and software equipment has to meet are as complex as they are complex. The following 5 aspects are in the foreground:
- Keep the security of all systems up to date
- Establish company-wide standardized, data protection-compliant encryption
- IT management geared towards high efficiency and standardization
- Avoiding rising IT costs
- Improved productivity of your employees by providing powerful PCs and notebooks
Systemic today is primarily the comprehensive protection of your business and customer data. Vulnerabilities that are ubiquitous in complex IT systems or that can arise when using cloud services are one of the greatest threats to confidential company and customer data.
The security of your entire database and efficient data management are therefore the key issues that you as a company and service provider are confronted with.
Because the dangers for your company are considerable: In addition to damage to your reputation and financial loss due to customers moving away, contractual penalties due to a data protection violation pose an enormous risk.
A combination of hardware and software as a solution
What does the solution look like? Your strategy for a company-wide, standardized data protection begins with the hardware of your employees and ends with the optimal interaction with the software installed on the end devices.
To ensure this, desktop PCs and notebooks with integrated administration and remote maintenance features are guarantors for uncomplicated and inexpensive IT management. In an optimal case, the following functions are also included:
- Remote management via the company network or via a secure VPN connection
- Far-reaching possibilities for remote maintenance and system repair
- Functions for remote software deployment and the timely provision of important security updates – for Windows 10 or your company software
Remote control and maintenance of your desktop PCs and notebooks in particular require secure access. One of the basic requirements for this is that the IT admin has control of all relevant system functions across the system level of the operating system.
The advantages: System diagnostics for hardware defects or a check for operating system errors no longer have to be carried out on site as before. Only the replacement of actually defective hardware is then carried out by the system supplier or the supplier of your company. This saves you considerable costs due to a significantly lower personnel expenditure.
Companies, IT admins and, last but not least, end users are facing a number of challenges today. Increased security requirements, the unconditional system up-to-dateness by importing software patches and updates as well as high availability due to short downtimes are the most important factors for a stable and efficient company IT at all times.
Intel vPro®: The secure and efficient platform for all of your company IT
Based on the latest 9th generation Intel Core ™ processors, the vPro platform meets the increased requirements for security, stability, manageability and performance.
The processors form the basis for protected and highly available IT in your company. In addition to high performance for the end user on stationary desktop PCs, they guarantee a convincing battery life for mobile devices.
The cornerstones of the Intel vPro platform at a glance:
- Protection against attacks or “man-in-the-middle” attacks, which significantly improves the risk of data misuse and theft. This protection is guaranteed by the vPro end-to-end encryption between the company server and all employee end devices – on-site or at a remote workstation.
- High performance on Windows 10 (pro) based devices. Responsible for this is a convincing and efficient multitasking of the vPro platform.
- Cost-effective and highly efficient manageability through a powerful and easy-to-establish remote management. Classic on-site work is reduced by up to 50 percent with the vPro Active Management Technology (AMT). ¹ In addition, patches and updates can be rolled out outside of operating hours – another factor that significantly reduces your operating and service costs
- Improved stability and a secure supply of spare parts over the entire life cycle of your end devices
Why the Intel vPro platform means significant cost savings² for your company
The return of investment through the use of desktops and mobile devices based on Core ™ processors with vPro can be seen in many ways: The vPro platform increases the productivity of your employees and the entire company IT thanks to the Intel Active Management Technology. Your company benefits in several ways from the following factors:
- Reduced downtime
- Comprehensive device protection
- Simplified administration and smooth remote management of mobile devices and PCs based on Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise
- A more flexible, secure and efficient collaboration between employees via cloud solutions and proprietary software
Conclusion: Regardless of whether you are planning a far-reaching modernization of your entire device inventory or a gradual switch to the Intel vPro platform: The advantages are obvious. Considerable cost savings, excellent data protection and an increase in the productivity of your entire company far outweigh the investment in new hardware in the medium to long term.
The Intel vPro platform gives you a comprehensive tool that your company can use to solve the challenges of digital transformation in terms of security and cost efficiency. In addition, with Intel vPro, you and your employees are well prepared for the existing and future requirements for agile, location-independent and cooperative work.